Keylimination

Problem:

I don't want to carry around keys! They either poke me if they're in my pocket or they jangle when clipped to my hip. This is my genius idea to get rid of them forever!

Required materials:

  • Prepaid cell phone with ability to assign specific ringtones to contacts.
  • Motor to turn deadbolt
  • Some wire

Procedure:

So the idea is, you'd set your personal cell phone number to a personalized ringtone that would be "vibrate," and be sure to set everyone else to "not vibrate." Disconnect the vibration motor and hook it to turn the deadbolt motor on. So when you called the "home number" from your phone, it would turn the deadbolt and let you in! If anyone else called it would not.

Uses:

  • You don't have to carry keys around anymore, you can just call to gain entrance.
  • Need someone to watch your cat while you're on vacation? You don't need to give them the key, just give add them to the address book.
  • If you want to leave a key in your car or something, the deadbolt should still work that way, so you have a backup in case your battery dies.

Conclusion:

If I had any money I would do this right now. You should do it right now if you have money.
-Blaine
Next on Blaine's ingenious ideas: Start your car with your wonderful personality.

Comments